Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Big "C" Word

Well.. it has finally hit my immediate family. Daddy has cancer. I know that sounds worse than it actually is. He has Basil(Basal) Cell Carcinoma (Skin Cancer). The most common skin cancer. Easily treated, and not life threatening... *sigh* Momma just called me and told me. God really is wonderful, and although I didn't know it, he was preparing me for this all day. Every time I turned the TV on today, there was something on there about skin cancer. It didn't even come as a surprise to me when Momma called and said he had skin cancer. She called me first because she knew I could look it up online and tell her about it before she called daddy. He goes back to the DR tomorrow, and I'm assuming they'll schedule surgery for his arm, or try one of the other methods first before doing the surgery. If you want to read about it, click here.
If you read this before Momma or Daddy told you about it, sorry... I just wanted to put it out there so people could start praying to our wonderful God! Love you all... have a great day!
I just found this thing online to make these slide shows, and since this post is about daddy, I thought I would try it out with him... enjoy! I love you, Daddy!
(The slideshow will be in another post... hope it will work!)
Amanda

No comments: