Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"Busy week this week. Col Raymond and Chief Master Sargeant Omdal are visiting Thule this week. They are the Senior Leadership from Peterson and are coming here because the 821st Air Base Group (Thule) is a part of the 21st Space Wing (Peterson). I am going to let Col Raymond know that he did not have to come all the way up here to check on me when a phone call would have sufficed. It is a fairly active worshiping community here in the land of the midnight sun. In addition to the Protestant and Catholic services on Sunday, we have 4 religous education groups that occur during the week (two bible studies and two support groups (male & female), as well as a game night for the Airmen where we play Xbox, Wii, and Playstation. My accomadations are suitable. Billeting here for short visits consists of a roughly 8x12 room and a gang latrine down the hall. This sounds worse than it is because there are less then ten people, on average, in billeting (75+ rooms) at any time. Obviously it is better if you are stationed here. Officers, for example, have a two room suite with a private bath. Well, enough for now. Also, I found out yesterday that I was selected as the Director of Staff (part of the Wing the chapel falls under) Company Grade Officer of the Year. This is similar to what I won in November, but an annual instead of quarterly award. This puts me in the running for CGO of the Year from the Wing. Blessings and all my love. Ron"

No comments: