Monday, January 5, 2009

Hello all. I have arrived here in Thule, where it is very cold and dark. I know that some of you are asking for picture to be posted but that may prove to be impossible until I return home as, right now, I have no way to download them. It has been kind of boring here as there is not much to do, obviously, and I have not yet been able to do visitation. That will change tomorrow as we get back to work. All that being said, it was an interesting trip up here. The DC-8 that normally flies into Thule was broken when I got to Baltimore so we billeted in the BWI Sheraton, tough duty I know. The next day, since the DC-8 would not be fixed before Friday, and being we had the New Year's Eve band with us, they bused us to McGuire AFB to fly out on a C-17. We arrived at McGuire at 8:30 PM and by 4:00 AM they decided the selected flight crew were not qualified to land at Thule (difference between a true North runway and a magnetic North one) so they sent us to billeting with instructions to return at 11:00 PM that night to try again. We finally left at 2:30 Wednesday morning and arrived at about 8:00 AM. It has taken several days to get my days and nights straightened out (not at all helped by the lack of sunlight) but I have finally gotten my bio-rhythms right and I am looking forward to doing some ministry. Will update more in a day or so.
Love, Ron

No comments: