Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Waiting on that one last signature... we think!

Well... after two years in the Reserves, and almost one full year of waiting to get on Active Duty A/D.... we still don't know anything. DH has taken another physical (not that he hasn't passed them all before now), and now all the A/D paperwork goes to the last man to sign it (The Surgeon General of the Air Force)... is he the guy who put those labels on cigaretes(sp?)? I didn't know there were different surgeon generals, but apparently I was wrong. Anyway... as soon as this guy signs the papers, it will be sent to the group of chaplains who will decide where we will go. My opinion??? Well, it depends on when you ask me. When we first started this process (a year ago)... I said "Anywhere but Arkansas... preferrably somewhere colder than Arkansas". I have lived here for my entire life, almost 30 years, and I'm ready for some snow!! That being said. I REALLY like to be outside, and being couped up in my house with my two children while it is snowing too hard to go outside could cause my nerves to completely snap. Six months ago my answer was... "Let's see what options they give us, and then we will decide where we want to go..." ha ha ha... that was back when I thought we had some kind of choice in the matter... so now... as the final decision reaches us... almost... my answer is... "Wherever God and the Air Force want us to go." I have had enough time to think about the fact that DH's job is to serve God first. He is going to be a chaplain somewhere, and wherever God needs him to do that is where we will go. The countdown begins for moving out of this place... we have to be out 12 weeks from tomorrow... so... Surgeon General... we need an answer and orders by then!!! Please! :)

2 comments:

Amazing Mama said...

I'm right there with you. We lived in OK 15 years then moved a whole 400 miles away to TX when we got back in 6 months ago. Lord know what he's doing and where ever you get sent is where you are meant to be. You'll get to have input on the next move!
Blessings

Rifleman said...

Hang in there kido...God will put you where he need you to be. Everyone is praying for ya'll. Talk to ya Sat Love ya