Sunday, March 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Mandy and Leslie!!

Last year for Mandy's birthday, I made her a scrapbook of us when we were growing up and our boys (whenever they've been around each other). So when I tried to find some good pictures of us, I don't have any. I did manage to find a picture that includes not only Mandy and Leslie, but also Mandy's daddy, Mr. Johnny. I tried to just call him Johnny, I mean... I am an adult and all, but there's just something about him that makes me even have to type Mr. in front of his name! So here's the only picture I could find of Mandy and Leslie together (and no they are not twins... just happened to be my friends in school) Happy Birthday you two!!!

Leslie and her dad on the left... Mandy and Mr. Johnny on the right. See how scary he is!?!


He's not really all that scary, I was scared of him at first, and then I realized he just likes to talk a big game and act like he's scary. Another one of our friends, Nan, thought he was completely scary and probably still does. And I need to stop right now and tell you a small fact that you might not know about me... I love Ray Stevens... and the highlight of my high school experience was going to Branson to see Ray Stevens... LIVE!! It was great, but that's for another time. Back to Mr. Johnny... If you don't know Ray Stevens songs, then you'll have no idea what I'm talking about, and you should run out and buy a copy of his greatest hits at least. It will be worth the $1.99 for the CD. So... one day when we were in high school, I was wanting to do something bad... and bad for me was not all that bad. I was probably called "goody two shoes" by quite a few people. Oh... is it goody "TWO" shoes, or goody "TOO" shoes? I've never known what that really means... I decided my "bad" thing would be to prank call Mr. Johnny. This was a big deal, as I've already said that he was scary. So I dialed the number (pre-caller ID, so he didn't know who it was). I completely forgot to disguise my voice, and I just said... "Are you nekkid?" (This is where the Ray Stevens reference comes in handy)... I waited for him to yell at the "anonymous" caller. But there was silence for a minute and then he said... "What are you doing Amanda?" I was busted... so I hung up and hoped he would forget my being "bad"... I don't get to see him much anymore because we live too far apart, but I know he's at work some days, and thinks about what a annoying punk I was and he smiles for a few seconds before he goes back to work. He may deny it if anyone asks, but I know he does it!! I love you Mr. Johnny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you believe it? I finally checked out your blog. I feel so special earning a picture on your blog, and I appreciate that you didn't announce my age to everyone. I've got to get Daddy to read the story about the prank call!! That was hilarious!
--Mandy

Anonymous said...

I just laughed for 10 minutes trying to finish this! That is hilarious! Daddy read it and thought it was pretty funny!


Vick